Egmond aan Zee, the Netherlands
2022 INSA Conference
3 Days . 6 Guest Speakers . Unlimited Networking
About The Conference
Join us in Egmond aan Zee – a charming seaside resort in the Netherlands – on October 5th, 6th, and 7th.
See what participants at prior conferences said about the take-homes and the value of networking.
Register as soon as possible to secure a hotel room at the conference venue, room numbers are limited.
Networking, knowledge, and know-how for everyone passionate about school attendance and engagement:
- Interact with colleagues from around the world as we work together to advance the field of school attendance.
- Find out about progress in the field since INSA laid the groundwork for gold standards at the Lorentz Centre Workshop in 2018.
- Contribute to plans for continued action in 6 key areas: policy, practice, education, research, tools for the field, and networking.
- Make your waves, bring your big ideas and the small ones too, sharing news and views on school attendance and absenteeism.
- Learn from international speakers; choose from dozens of presentations, round table discussions, and workshops.
- Visit the marketplace for practice and research.
- Hear from Distinguished Professor Christopher Kearney and others who’ll lead us in ‘Setting the Scene’ for the 2022 Conference.
- Participate in the Welcome Dinner, join in activities organized by our Social Program Team, or simply take the time to stroll along the beach and the far-reaching dunes of Egmond.
Dates & Times
Keynote Speakers - Plenary Sessions
Malin Gren Landell
Malin is a founding member of INSA, editor of the research anthology on School Attendance Problems, and making waves in Swedish policy on school attendance.
Young People's Voices
Young people representing various organisations in the Netherlands, share their journey and vision for school attendance, hosted by Carolyn Gentle-Genitty.
Anne Marie Albano
Anne Marie is co-author of a parent workbook and therapist guide for school attendance problems, TEDMED presenter, and co-author of You and Your Anxious Child.
Invited Speakers - Parallel Sessions
Jayne is founder of the School Avoidance Alliance, initiator of Stigma-Free, mental health advocate in New Jersey USA, and co-chair of her town’s mental health taskforce.
Martin is a founding member of INSA, developer of the Inventory for School Attendance Problems, and making waves in Germany to increase youth engagement in intervention.
Catriona is making waves in Ireland, increasing trauma-awareness, weaving psychological theory with critical pedagogy perspectives, and establishing the future of school-based mental health promotion.
Registration 570 EUR. Discount of 10% for INSA Members, 20% for full-time students.
Help Make Waves
in the Field of School Attendance
Share your work and ideas - based on practice, research, or policy - in the form of a presentation, symposium, round table discussion, workshop, or a poster or audio-visual presentation at the marketplace for practice and research. Proposals can be submitted between March 17 and May 25. Questions? Feel free to contact the Chairperson for the Scientific Program Team, Jo Magne Ingul.